Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try? Have you already tried breathing and yoga and smoking copious amounts of pot?
Yeah? Don’t worry (though I know you will), you’re not alone and even if it’s been years, you can feel better. Life doesn’t have to be like this.
When it comes to treating anxiety, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy – as opposed to anxiety medication alone – treats more than just symptoms.
Symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or short temper
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Repetitive thoughts about a terrifying past experience, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help to get to the underlying causes of your worries, learn how to calm your body and mind, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If you’re tired of living with anxiety, reach out today so we can schedule an appointment.