Are you feeling hopeless, isolated and dark?
Is this tape replaying in your head?
- I am worthless.
- I feel guilty for not doing more. Being more.
- I hate who I am these days. I am not a good person. I am not like them.
- I can’t stop crying. I can’t let them see me cry.
- I feel gut wrenching pain. No one understands.
- My head and the world around me are dark. I hate it, and I can’t change it.
If you have had these thoughts and know you’re not yourself, that’s depression. It’s horrible. I’ve experienced it myself and come out the other side.
“You aren’t a machine with broken parts. You are an animal whose needs are not being met.”
Depression is fixable. Please know that you are not alone. I utilize mindfulness and behavioral activation and work to understand your background so I know how to uniquely support you. It’s hard to imagine now, but this can lift. Many of my clients find relief when they realize that their struggle does not own them. Your pain is real but it is not you.